Surprisingly, many of us do not brush our teeth properly! Did you know that proper brushing takes at least two minutes? Most adults do not come close to brushing that long. It may help to use a stopwatch!
To properly brush your teeth, use short and gentle strokes. Be sure to pay a little extra attention to your gum-line and hard-to-reach areas in the back of your mouth. Focus on cleaning each section as follows:
- Chewing surfaces of your teeth
- Inner surfaces of your upper and lower teeth
- Outer surfaces of your upper and lower teeth.
- For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue at least once a day as well!
Oral Care Reminders
Here are a few extra steps that are important to follow when trying to keep up with your oral health:
- Brush twice a day with toothpaste e for at least two minutes. In the morning after breakfast, and after dinner are the best times to brush.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day. Most dentists and dental hygienists suggest flossing after dinner.
- Visit your dentist every 6 months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to give us a call! We are always happy to help.